Wednesday, May 2, 2012

PEACE

Hey Team 


May is here and summer break is right around the corner, I am so excited about this month's big idea and without further adieu it is PEACE!!! The definition of  PEACE as it relates to UpStreet is "Finding a way to work it out" I think that what we are teaching the kids this month is crucial as it relates to family conflict. Just the other day I heard a story of a boy who came to UpStreet and said "Two weeks ago my dad said I love you, one week ago my dad said he liked me, and then this week he left my mom and I for another lady." Now I can't even imagine what it would feel like to have that happen to me, but I do know that I would pray for PEACE. The bottom line for the first week is "Don't fight with your family" and as it realtes to kids and siblings it seems like growing up that is all kids do is fight and argue. I can honestly say what these kids will learn through these lessons and applications will change the course and direction of their lives forever!!


I want to thank you all for partnering with UpStreet to live out our mission which is "to help kids put their faith in Jesus and to teach them who God is and how he wants them to live." You all are some really incredible people and I love getting the opportunity to serve with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment