Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SELF-CONTROL!!!

Hey Team,

As I walk down the rubber road in UpStreet I sometimes have to pinch myself because the progress that we have made is just too good to be true!! We are already THREE MONTHS in and I cannot even begin to tell you the exponential growth that I have seen. To give you a brief look at that growth within UpStreet... we have gone from seeing about 175 kids between both services every Sunday to 300 kids each week!!! God is doing some AMAZING things at Athens Church and you all make it happen day in and day out!!!. We are well underway with our new BIG IDEA... Self-Control and the kids are learning to "Take a step back and choose how to act" When I think about how to apply that to my life I find it easier said than done. However sometimes when we are faced with a crazy situation or conflict sometimes we need to literally take a step back... and choose how to act! I have begun to put that into practice and I have seen some positive changes in my own life. I encourage you to do the same and see what kind of results you get, I am sure you will be surprised!!

This month is gonna get even better with UpStreet Family Style and Kidventure right around the corner. And I believe it would mean the world to the kids to have these moments to interact with their Small Group leaders, so if you are available drop in for UpStreet Family Style please do I'm sure it will entertain you. As I gather my thoughts and bring this to a close I am continually realizing how big of a role you all play in the life-change that occurs in the hearts of these young kids and I want you to know that I am thankful!!!! Keep up the good work!!!! Thanks for making UpStreet what it is today we could not do it without you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment