Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Day Jesus Came for EVERYONE

Wow, this year has flown by! Next week, the 18th, is our last UpStreet of 2011.  I am blown away when I think about all the amazing ways that God has provided for UpStreet and Athens Church this year.  A new facility, incredible growth, and countless stories of life change have happened in 2011.  Thank you all for being a part of that- we couldn't have done it with out you!

As we wrap up our December curriculum, I want to remind us of what we've been telling the kids all month: Christmas is the day that Jesus came for everyone.  Far too often, I get wrapped up in the gifts (Ha- "wrapped") and lights and cookies, and I forget that Christmas is all about God loving each one of us SO much that He sent His son into the world to live and die and rise again. And he sent Jesus to do that so that you and I could be saved and live forever.

So this month as we're shopping and singing and spending time with family, I want us all to remember that Jesus came for us.  He came for you and for me, and no matter how "good" or "bad" we are or have been, he came to save us because he loves us.

I hope that you have a great holiday and that you are able to rejoice in the fact that Christmas is the day that Jesus came for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment